Here are 5 ways your bed is making you sick:
1. An old bed might not be giving us the support and comfort we need in order to get quality sleep. A lack of quality sleep can compromise your immune systemand you can become more susceptible for colds and flu.
2. Old mattresses can become a playground for dust mites and bacteria. Dust mites live and breathe on moisture and dead skin cells that accumulate over time in our mattresses. It’s gross we know, but what’s even worse is that it might be causing your allergies or worsening your asthma.
3. A lack of sleep combined with existing heart disease risk factors can double your chances of getting a heart attackaccording to researchers at Penn State College of Medicine.
4. Waking up with aches, pains and stiffness are signs that your bed is not offering you the support you need in order to get a good night’s rest. These aches and pains impact our quality of life and stop us from enjoying activities with our friends and family.
5. That tossing and turning on an old and uncomfortable bed could be the reason behind your weight gain. Sleep helps to regulate the hormones in our bodies that control our appetite. When we don’t get enough sleep, we might start reaching for unhealthy food that can lead to weight gain and diabetes over time.
Spring is a great time to clean out our houses, throw out the old and start taking better care of ourselves and The Bed Shop would like to help. We offer a wide range of bed set and mattresses to suit your needs and budget. Our Dynamic Orthopaedic range combines the very best technologies to give you superior support and comfort. Visit your nearest The Bed Shop today and take advantage of our Spring Celebrations Promotion – wake-up rested and healthier this season with The Bed Shop.